Apprenticeships and HB Training Programmes, led by the Welsh Government, are supported by the European Social Fund.
Shape your future and develop your potential with the highly experienced team at HB Training
We have a team of highly experienced professionals with a proven track record in within the Hair, Beauty and Business sector. So earn while you learn with a team who have over 40 years experience in education.
Benefits of an APPRENTICESHIP
- You will earn money and have a real wage
- The qualification you achieve will be career focused and nationally
- You will receive ongoing support from your own personal assessor
- Qualifications, together with real experience, will improve your career prospects
- An apprenticeship can lead to
long termemployment with promotion prospects
- You will have the opportunity to learn from experienced workers and gain skills and knowledge in
Benefits to the EMPLOYER
- Apprenticeships are fully funded; there is no financial cost to you or your business when you are taking on an apprentice.
- Recruiting an Apprentice gives you an opportunity to breathe fresh life into your business
- Training is ‘on the job’; Apprentices learn their skills and gain knowledge from working with their colleagues
- Having an Apprentice helps aid the development of existing staff via mentoring opportunities which are relevant for both new and current employees
- Apprenticeships provide staff training specific to your industry, relevant to your business and can improve productivity
- Apprentices fill current skills gaps and ensure you have the expertise and motivated workforce for the future
Apprentices will learn:
- Work skills (apprentices complete a set of units to show their competency in the workplace)
- Technical Skills (apprentices complete tasks to develop their knowledge and understanding)
- Essential skills for Wales (apprentices develop a broad range of skills relevant to the
work placesuch as communication, numeracy, IT, problem solving and teamwork)
What is an apprenticeship?
An apprenticeship is earning while you learn.
If you are employed 16+ hours a week in the relevant industry you can gain nationally
Apprenticeships in hairdressing, barbering, beauty therapy, spa therapies, nail services, customer service, team leading, and management
Do I have to pay anything to become an apprentice?
- While you are on an Apprenticeship, your employer pays you a salary and supports you whilst you undertake your training.
- Most of the training is “on the job” within the workplace
however, the rest can be provided during off job training sessions delivered at HB Training Academy every week.
Do I get paid?
- Yes, see table below (apprenticeship NMW)
National Minimum Wage rates:
The apprentice ‘National Minimum Wage’ applies to all 16 to
If you are already 19 and have completed the first year of your Apprenticeship you must be paid at least the ‘National Minimum Wage’ rate for your age.
Click here for more information.
Do I get holidays?
- Yes, you do get holidays. Click here for more information.
Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to work for a real employer, earn a real salary and gain a real qualification whilst gaining valuable workplace skills and experience.
What qualifications are needed?
No formal qualifications are necessary and no specific qualifications are needed, HB Training and employers look for other qualities such as:
- Communication and people skills
- Customer Service
Apply to become an apprentice
If you are interested in becoming an apprentice and would like us to help support you in finding the right business for you and your training needs, please complete the “become